Saturday, September 8, 2012

Self-Sabotage and Weight Loss - How to recognize and Overcome It

Best Orthopedic Surgeons - Self-Sabotage and Weight Loss - How to recognize and Overcome It The content is good quality and helpful content, Which is new is that you simply never knew before that I do know is that I actually have discovered. Before the unique. It's now near to enter destination Self-Sabotage and Weight Loss - How to recognize and Overcome It. And the content related to Best Orthopedic Surgeons.

Do you know about - Self-Sabotage and Weight Loss - How to recognize and Overcome It

Best Orthopedic Surgeons! Again, for I know. Ready to share new things that are useful. You and your friends.

The 12-step programs have a slogan: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Agreeing to that definition, when it came to my weight, I was insane. Over the years, I counted points on Weight Watchers, ate frozen Jenny Craig food, worked out at Inches Away, guzzled Slim Fasts, slipped into trances in hypnotherapy, charged my body with energy Tapping, yelled my emotions in Radix, and discovered my inner child in former talk therapy. Each time, I reached my goal weight, then gained most of the weight back. So two years ago, when an orthopedic surgeon told me I needed knee surgical operation but wouldn't control until I lost weight, something snapped. I had to do things differently.

What I said. It isn't outcome that the actual about Best Orthopedic Surgeons. You check this out article for info on anyone want to know is Best Orthopedic Surgeons.

How is Self-Sabotage and Weight Loss - How to recognize and Overcome It

We had a good read. For the benefit of yourself. Be sure to read to the end. I want you to get good knowledge from Best Orthopedic Surgeons.

For months after the surgeon's pronouncement I resisted, complained, and procrastinated, but finally reached acceptance. I needed a plan. I wasn't comfortable in gyms where young citizen with buff bodies strutted their stuff. I am not, nor have I ever been inclined to jog or play sports. If I endeavor something athletic, invariably I break a bone or strain a muscle. Instead, I found a gym filled mostly with folks on oxygen and who use walkers to get around. At 59, I was one of the youngest members. Exercise physiologists gave me a workout based on my history and corporeal abilities so I wouldn't hurt myself or try to do too much too fast. The staff nutritionist taught me how to eat healthily without being obsessed.

I didn't understand this at the time, but what I came up with was a way to become known about my body and food. Eckhart Tolle, in A New Earth, says humans carry an accumulation of old emotional pain, which he calls "the pain-body." He also says the "pain-body" thrives on negativity, using emotionally painful experiences as food. No wonder I couldn't sustain weight loss. My "pain-body" craved misery. Unless I learned to identify when my "pain-body" became activated, it would continue to seek what it knew best--pain and suffering.

I decided to weigh myself every day. Previously, this led to obsession and daily dissatisfaction with results (or lack thereof). This time, my goal was to learn about and understand my body-to see what factors influenced my weight. I learned not to identify with what I saw on the scale. When I caught myself at the labeling game: "good" if I lost a pound; "bad" if I didn't, I did what Tolle advises-accept "what is."

Everyone's body is different and I found what works for mine: I am hypoglycemic, but did not understand how that was affected by nutrition. I must eat a minimum of three starch servings per day (i.e. One slice of bread; ½ cup of whole wheat pasta). Otherwise, I get light-headed and quite irritable. Drinking sufficient fluids was prominent as well-I tend to sustain water. Adding fruit and vegetables into my diet was hard, but crucial. I switched from products with white flour to whole grain pastas and breads. Lastly, I started taking probiotic supplements to normalize my body's digestive system. Irregularity influences body weight.

Most importantly, I became well-known with the negative self-talk running through my head. It was challening to remain alert sufficient to identify the voice of "the pain-body" and not react. But as this process unfolded, my attitudes began to shift and I found myself production different choices. What emerged were eight ways my "pain-body" tried to sabotage my weight loss. Tolle teaches us not to reject or resist our negative emotions, but to reply their existence. Awareness and acceptance must come before actions if lasting changes are to occur. See if these internal dialogues from my "pain-body" sound familiar. They are followed by the definite way I reframed them:

1. Don't get on the scale. Then you can pretend you're not gaining the weight back.
The scale is my friend and keeps me honest. If my weight begins to creep up, I can stop it at five pounds, rather than 30.

2. Wear only clothing with elastic waists so you can pretend your clothes still fit.
If that zipper is a dinky snug, it's time to take inventory. I need to get on the scale and find out how much damage I've done and take healthful activity immediately.

3. Don't keep track of what you are eating each day so you can tell yourself you stayed within your food plan.
Pay close concentration to food choices and how my body feels before, during and after eating. This is especially prominent after I have reached my goal weight.

4. When you measure your measure sizes, it is okay to add a dinky bit here and there. It beyond doubt won't make a difference.
It beyond doubt does make a difference. A dinky bit here, a dinky bit there adds up to a lot over time.

5. Once you reach your goal weight, you do not have to watch yourself that closely. Like magic, your weight will remain stable.
I have had a weight question my whole adult life. It won't go away just because I lost weight and achieved my goal. I have to remain watchful and stick to my new way of eating. I have to remain known and awake.

6. It's okay to allow your mood to work on your decisions about food. It's beyond doubt okay if you are angry, depressed, sad, upset or happy and feel like eating. Go ahead and do it. You deserve to make yourself feel good or celebrate something.
Emotional eating is not okay. It is a momentary "fix" of the mood problem, but creates a much larger, longer-lasting problem-being overweight. I need to find other ways to soothe and relieve myself when my emotions flare up.

7. When your friends or house members tell you it is okay to eat what you want just this once, listen to them. They know good than you do what is best for you.
No one knows good than me what is good for me. Find ways to gradually illustrate to my friends and house that I am working hard to eat healthily and it is prominent that I stick to my plan.

8. Even if you are feeling full, if that dish tastes good than whatever you've ever tasted, it's okay to desist it. Never leave food on a plate, especially at a restaurant. After all, you paid for it, you good desist it.
Despite the fact that there are citizen starving, it beyond doubt is okay for me to leave food on my plate. I ask for a doggie bag at the beginning of the meal, and put half my meal into it. If I want dessert, I share it with someone. If no one wants to share and I can't let go of the craving, I order what I want, take a few bites, and whether leave the rest or bring it home.

These are the most frequent "pain-body" voices in my head. As I become more alert, I observation others. Catching them in the moment, rather than after I've already behaved unconsciously is vital to my weight loss success. I've lost and gained 30+ pounds four or five times in my adult life. Since the wakeup call from the surgeon and beginning this new way of approaching weight, I have lost 41 pounds. I don't have a crystal ball to know whether I will keep it off this time. What I do know is my attitude towards and my connection with food has changed. I no longer diet. I corollary the nutritionist's guidelines as well as I can.

The most essential change, however, is being aware of my body and how it feels. The energy and intensity I had colse to eating has lifted and the negative voices, although still there, are much quieter and show up much less frequently. Then, too, there is a new voice that comes in the stillness of being awake. If I listen carefully, it whispers, I'm full, and I stop eating, or you don't beyond doubt want those potatoes-you want salad instead. I don't always pay concentration and then the scale reflects the consequences. But more and more, I am gift inside my own skin-and that has made me feel quite sane with regard to eating.

I hope you receive new knowledge about Best Orthopedic Surgeons. Where you'll be able to offer use within your everyday life. And most importantly, your reaction is Best Orthopedic Surgeons.Read more.. their explanation Self-Sabotage and Weight Loss - How to recognize and Overcome It. View Related articles related to Best Orthopedic Surgeons. I Roll below. I actually have counseled my friends to help share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share Self-Sabotage and Weight Loss - How to recognize and Overcome It.


No comments:

Post a Comment